If you have diabetes and use insulin, consider wearing a medical I.D. bracelet (medical identification bracelet). No one plans to have a medical emergency, but it's a good idea to be prepared for one.


Medical I.D. bracelets are an excellent way to expedite treatment and avoid misdiagnosis during an emergency. Paramedics are trained to look for medical I.D. bracelets.


Both high and low blood sugar can lead to unconsciousness, coma, seizures and death. If emergency care personnel need to look through your wallet or purse for a medical I.D., treatment may be delayed. And if a person is behaving oddly or has lost consciousness, bystanders are more likely to call for help if they recognize that the problem is medical, rather than related to drugs or alcohol.


Medical I.D. bracelets don't have to be ugly. Many attractive medical I.D. bracelet options exist. Check at your local pharmacy, or do an online search for medical I.D. bracelets. You might be surprised by your options!


Peggy

0 comments

Go Healthy, Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy